Part-time public relations project administrator
Part-Time Public Relations Project Administrator (Thursday and Friday)
Collective Position is a small and friendly boutique public relations agency. We specialise in delivering communications activities that include: strategy development, national events, media engagement, managing digital platforms and supporting various boards with executive services.
To assist in the delivery of our campaigns, we are seeking a sharp and team friendly Administrator for a part-time, 2 day a week opportunity, in our Melbourne office.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will provide administrative support to the whole team.
- Organising executive board meetings: assisting in the collation of board papers, updating project documentation and distributing updated materials to clients and coordination of meeting venue requirements such as catering and IT
- Organising stakeholder meetings: issuing invitations, follow-up with participants and assisting in the coordination of meeting papers
- Assisting the Communications Advisor with organisation of events, media engagement activities and digital collateral
- Coordinating the Managing Director's diary
- Answering the phone and responding to client and stakeholder queries as directed by the team
- Other administration tasks as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent personal presentation
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent customer service
- Experience in supporting a professional team
- Ability and willingness to learn new tasks
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Previous experience with digital platforms (content management systems) will be seen to be an advantage.
- Must be available to work on both Thursday and Friday - with the possibility of the role extending to an extra day (Wednesday)
- Please list salary expectations in your cover letter.
Media relations mentor - the baton
Collective Position is an award winning boutique agency that specialises in communications and stakeholder relations. We know real outcomes are delivered when people are on the same page - that's why we develop and implement engaging strategies that build strong stakeholder partnerships for our clients.
We are seeking an experienced (at least 5 years) Media Relations Mentor for Collective Position's "Baton" program.
Baton aims to engage experienced and passionate professionals to grow capability and confidence in our staff in various areas. As our Media Relations Mentor you will coach our young professionals on all things media relations.
To be considered for this position you will have extensive experience in the following:
- Traditional media and social strategy
- Pitching to both regional and metropolitan news outlets (radio, news and print)
- Media training
- Managing young professionals.
Professionals who have experience in supporting advocacy campaigns targeting regional issues are strongly encouraged to apply.
Working with Collective Position's Director, you will be available for 3-5 hours a week where you will spend time with our young professionals passing the baton. The program will loosely be based on: 1 hour a week setting a context for the modern media and 2-5 hours coaching on strategy development and critiquing tactical implementation.
This role will be for 3 months and may be extended on the basis of identified need and staff progress. Hours and days of work can be negotiated to suit your schedule. Freelancers welcome to apply.
For more information on this position please contact:
P: (03) 9666 3368
M: 0422 067 858